Thursday, February 19, 2009

Makenna giving me a lesson on telling the truth

I have several friends that have done some amazing things to their cars. One of them backed out of the garage with the door open and practically ripped the door off(we own the car in question). Another friend backed out of her garage with the back tail gate open and shattered the rear window. I always thought to myself, how do these things happen. Well, it happened to me today. I was going out for a little Starbucks. I must have been too eager to get out the door that I didn't even wait for the door to be completely open. It was three fourths of the way open when I decided to step on it. I heard a big crashing noise or so it seemed at the time. I got out to find my garage door not looking so hot and a mild(Pete hasn't seen it yet) scratch on the top of my brand new car. Oh, I was so upset. I got back into the car after assessing the damage and was talking to myself when the 4 year old pipes up, "it's okay Mommy, it was a accident, just tell him the truth". I am so glad she has been listening to what we tell her on a regular basis. My friend Patrick gave me a wonderful name of a company that came out and fixed it for me. I might still be alive tonight when Pete gets home. Wish me luck! BTW, I love you girls that I am talking about!!

1 comment:

  1. Your friends sound like great drivers!! ;) It's a comfort to know that it has happened to others.
    Love you too! :)
    Kari

    ReplyDelete