Thursday, February 19, 2009

Trip to the good ol' doctor




We had the annual well baby check up this month. This year it was for Makenna who turned 4 and Brennan who turned 2. I was not certain that Makenna had to get shots but I knew Brennan did. I found out later that Makenna actually had to get more shots than Brennan and so I was a tad scared. I went back and forth in my mind who I would torture first. I decided to go with Brennan because she is very brave. Makenna was told that she would be needing shots and had already started to whine about it. I sat Brennan on my lap and she got her shot in her little leg. She didn't whine or cry. She took it like a man. Poor Makenna must have been watching the whole thing with such anticipation. When it was her turn she burst out in tears and gave me the biggest struggle to pull down her pants( that is where they give the shots for those of you that haven't had children in a long time). She kicked and screamed and all I could think of is, this is payback for what I did to my Mom when I was 13. I kicked and screamed because they needed to give me a shot. Anyways, we got through the shots and then we were off to the lab. Brennan needed to get some testing done and she was once again so brave. She sat there and let them poke her with the needle and without any crying or whining. Makenna commented on how Brennan was so brave when she gave blood and now she wants to be just like her baby sister. Here are a couple of pictures. I thought it was cute that they make blood pressure cuffs so small.

No comments:

Post a Comment